Monday, May 31, 2010

Racing for the Cures


This month, I was lucky enough to participate in not only one - but two race/walks to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer and crohn's disease.

Race for the Cure: If you have never participated in a Race for the Cure in Salt Lake, I highly recommend it. This year, I participated with a great group of girls - including my wonderful friend Mandy. It's amazing to be part of an event that has thousands of people participating - the view is wall to wall people everywhere you look! I had a lot of fun and it was great to be a pink warrior for a great cause.

Take Steps, Be Heard: While this event was on a much smaller scale, it hit a lot more close to home for me. As many of you know, I have struggled with crohn's disease for several years now. It's a disease that can literally bring you to your knees when the pain hits - and one without a cure. I am very blessed to have an amazing doctor and a disease that I have been able to maintain with the help of medication. However, I know there are others who are not as fortunate. This year, my brother Matt and I created a team to help raise funds for research and to create awareness. We raised $270 and had a great time walking in the event with a few friends. Thanks to everyone that contributed and/or walked!

No comments: