Monday, May 31, 2010

Moms

It's the last day of May and this month has given me a lot to think about when it comes to being a mom - both in my own experiences and watching the amazing women that surround me.

I could not talk about the strength of women and the joys of being a mom without beginning with my own mom. I am so blessed to have a mom that watches Lily for me when I work. It's such a blessing to know that my little girl is in the best care when I cannot be there. I frequently walk into my parent's house at the end of the day to find Lily laughing like crazy with her fun grandma! I will never be able to thank her enough for being there for Lily. With six crazy kids of her own, I know we've all taken my parents on one heck of a ride as we find our own way and begin our own families and I'm so thankful for parents who are always there for us.

In my own family and beyond, I have watched with awe the strength of the amazing women I am blessed to know. I have watch women rise above a child's illness to become stronger for them in the future. I have watched women rally together to send well wishes for a child's future health. I have watched the patience of so many mother's whose creativity and kind hearts will bless their families for years to come. To these strong women, I thank you. You know who you are. 

And finally, this month has left me thinking about my own adventures in being a mom. As all moms know, it's amazing the lessons you learn in the first year. You learn how to juggle a lot more, that baby wipes will freeze if you leave them in the car, and that it is possible to love something so small more than you ever thought possible. It's a journey - it's a challenge - but it is the greatest blessing that I have ever known.

No comments: