Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nephew Dates











I've always had a strong desire to be that fun aunt for my 5 little nephews (a 6th is one the way). So awhile back we started what we call, 'Aunt Missy Dates'. Essentially, it's when we all just get to be kids and have a blast! Past dates have included the Utah State Fair, Dinosaur park, Dinosaur Museum, Disney on Ice, Nickelcade, Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point, and of course the Polar Express. Right now, it's usually the three oldest boys (Zachy, Pres, and Aidan) with me and Matt. I'm sure the younger ones will come along too once they get older.
These dates are typically filled with their own fair share of silly and cute moments that I wish I had time to go into more detail about. . but for now, here two funny little stories and some pics from a few of our adventures.

Utah State Fair: This was our most recent adventure. Unfortunately, Aidan couldn't join us at the last minute and it ended up being Zach, Preston, and myself. The day was full of funny sayings and lots of questions from Preston. We did about everything that fair had to offer from Pony Rides, to fun houses, to finding Star Wars Legos (the boys favorite!). However, my favorite little moment was when I caught Preston just staring at me. I said, "What's up, buddy? What are you looking at?" His reply, "Nothing. I just like you."

Aidan: Last year we went on a very cold adventure to the North Pole on the Polar Express (aka the Heber Creeper). We had Zach, Preston, Aidan, their parents (Mike and Mary, Chad and Marci), myself, and Matt. The whole adventure was quite funny with the boys not knowing whether to cry or hug Santa, and a little 16-year-old Elf flirtin' it up with Matt. I talked to my sister, Marci, just the other day who informed me that Aidan had found his bell from Santa. He told his mom that he had to keep it in his pocket cause Santa 'gived it to him with Aunt Missy'. Aidan is so cute and has an excellent memory! Sounds like we will have to find a new Santa adventure this year as well!

2 comments:

Swenson Family said...

How fun- that is really cool that you do that. Aunts are the best! Especially when they make such a great effort for their nephews. What fun. I loved their sayings and the pictures. :)

meg said...

i want you t o be my aunt missy--pleeeease? what fun. cute blog.